Friday, November 10, 2006

Acronyms

There are too many letters to remember. I am not talking about spelling. I am talking about the differnet type of Learning Objects and the way that they are housed. Just when I think that I understand LCS and LMCS then comes LO and CO. I did get LOs more easily than LCS. When things are explained using libraries, and visual pictures that I am used to seeing, things become so much more clear.

I have had so much fun on MSN this week. I have voice chatted with Phyllis and used the whiteboard with David. I have chatted with Karen, David, Dr. Powley and others. I even tried to share a file with Dr. Powley. I feel so close to ya'll because I can see your pictures. When I see you at a residency, I may run up and hug you. This class is such fun. I think I will miss chatting with you.

4 comments:

David Peter said...

Acronyms? Oh yeah ... IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) responsible for the IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee ... another form of standards. The Aviation Industry CBT Committee, the IMS Global Learning Consortium ... both of those groups have differing standards for learning objects. It almost seems like each group has their own interpretation and standard for online learning. Then you've got LMS, LCMS, CBT, CAI, WBT. It is enough to keep you dizzy!

Karen Keffer said...

Dianne...

I am right there with you about the acronyms...I do not read well to begin with, and make up words that are not there and miss ones that are...all these acronyms are a dyslexic's nightmare!

Karen

nia said...

Dianne,

Now that was the scary part for me...I was at a residency and Florida and during that time we had never had picture/photograph sharing but the young lady in my class immediately recognized my name when my friend was dropping me off and she heard her call my name. She ran up to me and spoke and I could not recall who she was and then after a little discussion and she told me what city she was from did I grasp who she was.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne!

I am glad you grasped the LO concept. It was not as easy for me. I still have some doubts, but in general, I think I have grasped the meaning of it. Hope I can still clarify further the concept. Regards!