Saturday, November 18, 2006

Near the end

As this class winds down, I feel sad. I like this blogging and will continue but I wonder if anyone will read it. I know that my classmates are required to read it now. I look forward to reading their comments as well. I have learned so much this term. It is so much fun to blog and work with the other students in MSN. I know now what everyone looks like. I hope to one day meet you at a residency.

I like the simulation, simulation-game, simulation from this week. It is very interesting to me. I think that any teacher can make a game a learning experience depending on what they are trying to learn. For instance, why do you think that Windows came with solitaire? I always say that the Microsoft people were trying to allow the new user to become familiar with the mouse. Solitaire is a non-threatening way to accomplish that.

I have MSNed with David, Marilyn, Phyllis, and Dr. Powley and others. My wireless Internet has been messed us and my connectivity is spotty. One moment, it is good with 54. mbps and then it shoots to low with 1.0 mbps. I am working on it but I must apologize to all the people that I have been speaking with and then been dropped. Sorry. Dianne

4 comments:

nia said...

Dianne,

As tired as I am this week from 11 weeks of hard work, I am uncertain as if I have the same response as you. I can say especially with me being 13 weeeks into the first trimester of pregnancy. The end is a relief for my body and I. I used to wonder why at residencies I used to hear students testify and tell how they took a quarter or two off to deliver their children, etc. Now I certainly understand why...Walden University offers quality and rigorous academic instruction that demands a lot of your time. Thus, I feel blessed and assured that my degree is worth the effort and time that I have invested. It is not a degree mill or some fly by night on line university. But it trains professionals to become scholar-practitioners.

David Peter said...

The blogging has been interesting. It's almost a continual conversation ... between this and the IM sessions we have been able to stay connected. I'll still continue to write in my blog and I'll look and comment on the others. We have started this journey and will continue to travel together ... two roads met in the woods, and I chose the one less travelled ... (I think that's from Thoreau)

Karen Keffer said...

Dianne,

I also plan to keep posting in my blog...and hope to hear from you as well. I am also having mixed feelings about the end of this class, as I feel that I have make more connections than I usually do in an online class.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Dianne,

Certainly it was an interesting journey. The blogging experience was unique, and I intend to use it with my students. Now that our institution is changing platform to Moodle, I intend to use its blog feature to communicate more often with my students. I will keep your blog in my listing to check it from time to time. It was nice to blog with all of you! Best wishes to all!