Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Week Twelve

Well, the end is near. I have learned so much by blogging with ya'll. I think knowing that you would read my blog made it so much more meaningful to me. I can see using blogging in class to complete reflections about lessons that the class has learned. Blogging will also be useful in hearing from the silent student. You know the ones that are reluctant to speak in class but really have much to offer.

One of my teachers is trying a blog this semester as they read The Great Gatsby. I am anxiously awaiting how the students feel about it as well as the lessons that the teacher has learned.

On MSN Messenger, I feel that I have learned as well. I have shared files with Yolanda and a picture with Lisa, chatted with Dr. Powley, Carlos, Lisa, David, Karen and Phyllis. David and I used the whiteboard as well. I hope that I did not forget anyone. Everyone was so patient with me and my screwy wireless. I think that I have gotten it fixed.

I see students using this tool every day. I think that this tool is useful as students can communicate with others. I see communicating with college admission offices, peers, parents, teachers, etc as just some of the uses for MSN.

I wish for all of you a happy holiday season and I hope to be in class with you again or maybe we can meet at a residency. I know that I am attending NECC in Atlanta this summer. Maybe we can meet then. See ya Dianne

6 comments:

nia said...

Dianne,

You mentioned using blogs as a means of reflection. Yes those reflections can be included in any academic discipline. For example, students can reflect in English on literature read in class and in math or science students can reflect on the objectives taught and what unclear and what made the lesson challenging. Yes, blogging can be very influential in the educational system today.

Unknown said...

Diane:

It was a wonderful experience being in class with you. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement. I hope that we will meet again in other classes. What courses are you taking next quarter?

Anonymous said...

Dianne,

This course brought us all closer together. It is an example of what good technology can do to enhance the environment for learning, sharing and caring. We experienced first hand what all these new technologies are and what they can do for our students. I think there is much more to learn, but this course has been a great start. Thanks to all of you, Dianne, and the rest of my classmates for being so patient and for kindly sharing your experiences and knowledge with me. I will certainly continue visiting your weblogs from time to time to see what’s going on. In the meantime, best wishes to you all!

Karen Keffer said...

Dianne,

I have enjoyed getting to know you through the blog and MSN. Good luck as you continue your classes with Walden.

Karen

David Peter said...

Your comment: Blogging will also be useful in hearing from the silent student really made me stop and think. I think that we have all been blogging ... not that we are the silent type ... but we are here, distant from each other. As I have read and reflected on each blog and blog posting I have learned so much from each of you. Through this new medium of communication, I think we have connected. I hope the connection does not end when the class is over.

Anonymous said...

Dianne,

Thanks for sharing with me your wonderful comments during the course. I know we all will never be the same after taking the course, and I know for many of us the question is... how do I use this new tools now?, but the knowledge is there and each of us will find different ways; the important thing is that now our students can benefit from them. I know you will do your part in this general effort; my best wishes to you, and happy holidays! Bye!