Friday, October 06, 2006

Podcast is success

Hi gang!!! This week, I made my podcast. My guidance counselor has a night every year in the fall where she explains to juniors and seniors what the next couple of years holds for them. Well, for the students that had to work, I put it on the website so that they could listen to the hour long program. I used audacity and lame and it was really easier than I thought. The web link is http://www.mckenziehighschool.org/mhs/College_Night.mp3

Today, I took the day off to go watch another football game. The season is half over and I am excited to watch Clint play but also looking forward to hanging out at the house on Saturdays and doing homework and housework. (I rather do homework!!) I hope that you are having a great week.

5 comments:

David Peter said...

The podcast is really good ... how big is/was the room? Did the speaker(s) have lapel microphones? Have you created an RSS feed for the podcast? The RSS feed would allow people to subscribe to the podcast ... just a thought. I was wondering what your thoughts are now, having created/uploaded a podcast. What do you think the ideal use of the podcast should be?

Karen Keffer said...

Dianne,

Your podcast has good quality and not a lot of excess noise...Has there been a lot of traffic to download it??

I share your sentiments about housework...I would much rather do homework!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey Dianne!

You really did a great job with your podcast. I did not hear it completely because it is a little bit lengthy, but the part I heard sounds very good. I plan to hear it completely at another time, but it certainly ‘looks’ very good. Congratulations! I hope I can publish one soon! What kind of software did you used?

Dianne said...

Thanks for the great comments on my podcoast. It is very lengthy. I used audacity and it was so easy. I have not set up an RSS feed yet but I have told the kids about it. I hope that they are listening to it. Thanks for the great comments. Dianne

nia said...

Dianne,

I am encouraged and motivated to do a podcast. You did an outstanding job. We have a program that is similar to your lottery program for students to attend school here in Missouri. It is called the A+ program where students get their first two years of college covered if they meet certain requirements in high school such as tutoring other students, maintaining a certain GPA, community service, and other things. I also liked that the presenter encouraged the students to continue their education after their bachelor's degree if they intend on being successful in society.