Friday, October 20, 2006

Homework constantly

I think that people do not understand how much homework a student has when they are working on their Ph.D. I spend at least two to three hours every night working on different assignments. Sometimes I concentrate on one class for a little while and then I change to a different class. But I truly love the work. I am learning so much.

On top of that I have met friends that I know would help me no matter what. These friends live far away but I can still count on them. I am very happy with Walden University and the way that the system works. I love the residencies, the classes and the knowledge. I look forward to finishing a KAM. I think that it will help me to have one under my belt. I hope everyone is having this experience.

4 comments:

nia said...

Gee Dianne you are taking more than one class. I have never taken more than one class except quarter before last (March, April, May 2006) and it almost drove me crazy. I thought that I was going to be able to take EDUC 8823 during the summer of 2006 and the Planning and Implementation of Educational Environments this fall. This is the only reason I ever took 2 classes. My health problems have never allowed me to take more than one class at a time. It puts a lot of strain and pressure on me. The one class is stressful enough (smile). I am like you, I sure have put in my fair share of work this semester.

David Peter said...

The work, the dedication, the persistence ... all of these things can disrupt "normal" life ... whatever normal may be. But we are pursuing something else, we have a dream, a goal that we are chasing. Work will result in something. We will graduate. Persistencw will play off.

And, as I think about all my new friends ... that makes the whole adventure worthwhile. My friends are always there.

Karen Keffer said...

I also spend a lot of time on homework! It is often hard to convince people that I really am worling. They think that if I am sitting at the computer, it is not really work! I have 2 classes this semester, and classes elsewhere too...If only I did not have to work...:-)

Anonymous said...

I agree Dianne! There is a lot of work to do and much to read. This course is especially challenging because it deals with new technologies for some of which we have to read further besides the assigned textbooks. It is true, this a tough course, especially for those of us that do not have a solid background in basic technology, but it is rewarding, as you said. I have learned a lot and hope to continue learning. Lets keep on going! We’ll make it!