Friday, September 22, 2006

New Puppy


Well, this week in addition to teaching school, attending graduate school, and watching my son play football, I have added a puppy to my mix. It has been a fun filled week as this little 2 lb. wonder keeps me on my toes. I do homework now with a puppy in my lap. It is harder to type with one hand but I am coping.

I am going to a football game on Saturday. Luckily it is home which is only an hour away. I love home games. The question is: Do I take the new puppy? I am still thinking on it. I am adding a picture of my new baby--Stormie.

5 comments:

David Peter said...

Sounds like a FULL schedule for you. It is important to have a life outside of work and school ... that's what gives us perspective, what grounds us, and what gives us opportunities to promote change.

Roger said...

Diane, I love the new puppy. My wife and I are dog lovers and have two West Highland Terriers: Piper and Sadie. They are my wife's children.

You choose an apt name: Stormie. The little guy will change your life for the next while. If you have a dog before you are in for what I would characterize as the terrible twos. For the next two years he will be like a young child into everything. It seems after two years they outgrow that and become responsible adults.

Good luck and enjoy ...

Karen Keffer said...

Dianne,
What a cute baby! I have 3 dogs myself...Annie, Ziggy, and Smokey. They are 17, 15, and 2....My dogs are all big, A shepherd, Lab mix, A shepherd retriever mix, and a terrier and I don't know what else! They are all rescue dogs, I tend to bring home strays a lot!

Dianne said...

Yes: I am really lucky. I love dogs. Stormie is a shih tzu and right now weighs in at maybe 2 lbs.

We won our ballgames this weekend. It has been a full day but Stormie stayed home this weekend because it was going to rain the entire ballgame.

Keep on working. See ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dianne!

At first I looked at it very carefully to see that it was not a cat(smile!). It really is a beatiful puppy! Some say pets are great liberating stress. Yours seems like an expert on that. I also have doggy name'spike'. They only want to play all day long! Best wishes!