Friday, July 13, 2007

Librarian Workshop a success but not about Web 2.0

I love Web 2.0 but the workshop that I went to on Thursday was not about Web 2.0. First, we were allowed to shop for books for our school. I enjoyed the time looking through the shelves to find books for the school. After that, we talked about cyberbullying and the Volunteer State Book Awards. I am hoping that we can incorporate the Volunteer State Book Award (VSBA) this year, but first I have to order the books. Then we heard the author Rebecca Seitz. She was awesome. She is a publicist for several authors and gave away books. I won three books YEA!!!! Then Rebecca read to us from one of her book, Prints Charming. We all bought copies for ourselves. I can't wait to read it.

I did encourage all the librarians there to investigate Web 2.0 and be the leaders in their schools of the movement which will soon take over their students. We need to be prepared.

No comments: