Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Library Projects

Today, students began the first of many library projects. Collaborating with the Biology teacher, the students came to the library and worked on a biome project. There is little mention of wikis that I taught during inservice but maybe soon. We did use our wiki to complete our standard access report for the Southern Association Team that is visiting in October. I think that teachers understand the wiki but are not ready to use them in class yet. Maybe a success story is needed.

My library skills workers are using blackboard this year. They have a discussion board as well as paperless assignments. I really like how it is progressing. School is going well even though we have the typical "I forgot my password" or "I am a new student--how do I log on to the computer?" This is really turning out to be a fun year.

No comments: